“You Are What You Eat”, do you believe in that old saying? Well, if you’re going to ask me I would say yes because healthy eating is the key to well being. You see, food affects all the cells in our body and in every aspect of our being such as our mood, energy levels, food cravings, sleeping habits and general health. So, if you’re like me who wants to shred off some pounds, aside from exercise, diet is the key to pursue your goal in losing weight.
My gym instructor advised me to eat small and frequent meals and to snack on fruit and vegetables when I’m feeling hungry. He recommend this foods to eat such as fresh fruit and vegetables, fresh juices, nuts, fish, organic chicken, honey and maple syrup in moderation and herbal teas as well. As long as you follow what is recommended , then it may be maintained as a balanced long-term health and support for your weight maintenance plan.
Some benefits that you can get from eating low carb foods.
There is a health revolution going on and this is evident in the different types of diet, exercises, and supplements that are available nowadays. Among the most popular type of diets are those that promote low carb diet food. There are several popular low carb diets but before you try any of them, below are some of the benefits of low carb food that you may want to know.
- *Weight loss. Majority of people who try low carb diets try it because of the weight loss benefits that a low carb diet provides. The good thing with this type of diet is there is a lot of low carb foods such as low carb bread, low carb snacks, and even low carb desserts that will make dieting so much easier. Most of the time, the only thing you need to watch out for when eating is the amount of carbs that you consume.
- *Lower blood glucose. For diabetics and pre-diabetics, a low carb diet is recommended. Since carbohydrates are just sugars in another form, it is a natural recommendation for diabetics to lower their intake of carbs and sugars. Decreasing the carb in your diet results to lower blood glucose, something that every diabetic is aiming for.
- *Decrease in blood pressure. Studies show that a low-glycemic load diet which also translates to a low carb diet can aid in the lowering of blood pressure which results to prevention of obesity, cardiovascular disease, and as well as diabetes.
- *Increase good cholesterol. Not all cholesterols are bad. In fact, there are good cholesterols that are essential to your body. The great thing with low carb diet is that it increases HDL or the good cholesterol in your body.
- *Less muscle mass lost. If you are one of those who would like to go down a few sizes smaller by losing the fat and not the muscle mass will benefit from a low carb diet. A low carb diet combined with regular exercise will help you lose the excess weight without compromising your muscle mass unlike with some kinds of diet that makes you lose the muscle mass as well.
- *Decrease appetite. A lot of people who have been on low carb diets report that their craving for sweets has gone down. Aside from this, they have experienced little to no episodes of compulsive eating which is not uncommon among those who go on a diet.
- *Increase energy. You may think that you will have less energy because carbohydrates are often associated with providing your body with energy. However, those who go on a low carb diet actually experience increased energy so that you do not feel hungry and tired.
We cannot live without eating that’s why we must eat in order to survive. This means that if food is a problem in our life, then we must find a healthier way of viewing food. In order to have real success we must make a lifestyle change. It is a great way that we will be able to shed those unwanted pounds without experiencing the horrible guilt that so many dieters go through with their diets.
Did you know that I am on a diet right now? I actually started last October and I’m glad that I’ve seen some improvements and positive changes out from my meal diet. I only eat 1 cup of rice once a day. Bread, biscuits, noodles or pasta serves as my rice alternative. I also avoid eating sweets and drinking soft drinks. I have a sweet tooth and I am such a chocoholic and a soft drinker but Ive set a goal for myself. I keep it realistic and I always look forward for my fitness and for dropping off some pounds.
I changed my way of eating. I changed my way of seeing food and I am glad that I already experienced an amazing changes in my attitude towards my health and my body. Ive known a lot of people who have failed when it comes to dieting and weight loss. However, when you are making positive changes in your life, then for sure you will get positive results. It may take weeks, months, or even years to reach your goal. But as long as you are making steady and continuous efforts and progress, then you are doing many great things for your health and for your well-being too.