Some benefits that you can get from eating low carb foods.
There is a health revolution going on and this is evident in the different types of diet, exercises, and supplements that are available nowadays. Among the most popular type of diets are those that promote low carb diet food. There are several popular low carb diets but before you try any of them, below are some of the benefits of low carb food that you may want to know.
- *Weight loss. Majority of people who try low carb diets try it because of the weight loss benefits that a low carb diet provides. The good thing with this type of diet is there is a lot of low carb foods such as low carb bread, low carb snacks, and even low carb desserts that will make dieting so much easier. Most of the time, the only thing you need to watch out for when eating is the amount of carbs that you consume.
- *Lower blood glucose. For diabetics and pre-diabetics, a low carb diet is recommended. Since carbohydrates are just sugars in another form, it is a natural recommendation for diabetics to lower their intake of carbs and sugars. Decreasing the carb in your diet results to lower blood glucose, something that every diabetic is aiming for.
- *Decrease in blood pressure. Studies show that a low-glycemic load diet which also translates to a low carb diet can aid in the lowering of blood pressure which results to prevention of obesity, cardiovascular disease, and as well as diabetes.
- *Increase good cholesterol. Not all cholesterols are bad. In fact, there are good cholesterols that are essential to your body. The great thing with low carb diet is that it increases HDL or the good cholesterol in your body.
- *Less muscle mass lost. If you are one of those who would like to go down a few sizes smaller by losing the fat and not the muscle mass will benefit from a low carb diet. A low carb diet combined with regular exercise will help you lose the excess weight without compromising your muscle mass unlike with some kinds of diet that makes you lose the muscle mass as well.
- *Decrease appetite. A lot of people who have been on low carb diets report that their craving for sweets has gone down. Aside from this, they have experienced little to no episodes of compulsive eating which is not uncommon among those who go on a diet.
- *Increase energy. You may think that you will have less energy because carbohydrates are often associated with providing your body with energy. However, those who go on a low carb diet actually experience increased energy so that you do not feel hungry and tired.